Thursday 15 May 2014

I'm a Kargil Widow

I'm a Kargil widow

I'm a Kargil widow
I lost my man in the battle
He was such a brave and young soldier
Who died for his country, without rattle.

When home they brought my husband dead
I couldn't control my emotions,
But i hardened my heart and held back my tears
Lest it may devalue his sacrifice.

Days rolled by, brooding my future
With him, how i and my children,
Will pull on in this cruel world?
Oh God! Widowhood is truly a life long pain.

But like a silver lining in dark clouds
Bug bosses started knocking at my door
Bringing sympathy, flowers and cheques.
And assuring me of all help and sore.

It's nice of our government
To try for our rehabilitation
But strangely , i am caught in the cross-fire
Between my family and in-laws friction.

The bone of contention is the money!
Not less than fifteen lakhs in cash,
While I try to plan for my future,
My in-laws and parent tug at my cash.

Wail my in-laws, they lost their son,
As well as their bread and butter,
Look! they tell me to marry his brother,
to retain the bucks from leaving the house.

Rue my parents, our daughter is now a widow,
We spent so much for her marriage,
I guess they too have an eye on my wads,
so they cajole me to shift here, bag and baggage,

I'm in a fix, knowing not what to do,
Both want me to remain with them,
But i can now see through their game,
"Make me part with my money" - is their aim.


No comments:

Post a Comment