Tuesday 15 April 2014

I am Glad


I am glad

I am glad
I am born in India
An ancient holy country
But modern in style and outlook

It is a sacred land
Of 'Rishis', ' Munnis' and 'Gurus'
And the tallest mountain 'Himalayas'
And the mighty River Indus.

It is a land replete with
Fantastic variety of Flora and Fauna
Of majestic 'Royal Bengal Tiger'
And the Jumbo Asian Elephant.

It has all types of climate - sun to snow
Many religions, speaking diverse tongues,
Celebrating different festivals
Projecting image of peaceful co-existence.

It is a land housing
One of the seven wonders of the world.
The 'Taj-Mahal' at Agra in U.P.
And the sexy 'Sun-Temple' at Konark.

It is the land of Rama and Krishna
Mahavira, Buddha, Ashoka, Chandragupta
GuruNanak and Chaitanya
Down to apostle Mahatma Gandhi

It is also the second largest producer
Of movies in the world
And so, called Bollywood, Like Hollywood in U.S.
Located in Mumbai - The Jewel Of India'.

And when 'death' lays its icy hand on me
And produces me before God
Is hall humbly request 'Narayana'
Make me born in India again,
In a good, rich and renowned family
With the same surname as BUTANI !



No comments:

Post a Comment